Terms and Conditions of Loan
Mobility equipment is available for hire between the hours designated for the event.
All users of loaned mobility equipment agree:
1. To pay a £10 cash (refundable) deposit in addition to the hire charge.
2. To take due care of the wheelchair/scooter whilst in their care and not to leave it unattended at any time unless safely parked out of the way of pedestrians and immobilised with the key removed as appropriate.
3. To exercise due care and attention at all times whilst using the wheelchair/scooter. In accordance with the terms of the insurance policy Community First Events Mobility is responsible for the first £100 of any claim arising. This amount may be passed on to the person using the vehicle at the discretion of the Mobility Manager.
4. To be aware that the users of powered wheelchairs/scooters do not have a legal right of way on the footpath or highway.
5. To return the wheelchair/scooter in good condition to the Shopmobility centre in a fit and clean state.
6. To return the wheelchair/scooter to a member of the Shopmobility staff at the centre or predetermined collection point at or before the agreed time.
7. Unfortunately our staff are unable to offer assistance with lifting.
8. The Management reserves the right to refuse a loan at their discretion. All customers are required to participate in a short training session when hiring equipment. At multi-day events, this will be on the first day of hire. Minimum age for hire is 16 years.
9. The Management reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions at any time and will notify all users in writing.
10. All users of a wheelchair/scooter do so at their own risk. Community First accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, loss or damage suffered by any user whilst operating or using any wheelchair/scooter.
11. The only person allowed to operate the mobility scooter is the person who has been trained and has had it issued to them.
12. I confirm that I do not have any medical condition which may impair my ability to operate the equipment loaned to me. I will inform staff should there be any change to my condition or my weight. I will inform a member of staff should any incident or accident happen with the equipment whilst I am using it.
13. Any personal information given will be processed in accordance with UK Data Protection Legislation.
On no account should children or a second person travel on the Scooter.
Do not hang any bags on the steering tiller handles.